PROCEDURES FOR BECOMING A MEMBER AGENCY OF WESTMORELAND COUNTY FOODBANK
To become a member of Westmoreland County Food Bank, your agency must meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered IRS Not For Profit Tax Exempt Number 501 (c) (3) status. Major church denominations have this on file. You can get a copy by calling your district or national denominational headquarters. This 501 (c) (3) is a MUST to become affiliated with Westmoreland County Food Bank. Attach a copy to application.
- Complete and sign application. To be reviewed and approved by Food Bank Director.
- Come to Westmoreland County Food Bank for an orientation and facilities tour.
- Serve the needy, ill, infants, and/or the elderly.
- Provide food directly to clients at no cost in the form of meals or emergency packages to those who qualify.
- Have designated days and hours of operation.
- Agree not to sell, barter, or exchange Food Bank items for money or services, or use Food Bank items for fund raising purposes. Food Bank items will not be used for other agency purposes. Agencies, which use Food Bank items for unauthorized purposes, will be suspended. A second offense will end in termination.
- Agree to serve the needy in accordance with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) rules which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.
- Have adequate storage to insure the quality of Food Bank items until used or distributed. Storage of Food Bank items must be separate from food used for other purposes.
- Agree to be monitored by authorized personnel of the Food Bank.
- Agree to keep accurate records and numbers of clients being served at your distribution center.
- Keep client information forms with client’s name, address, phone, number of people in their household, and the specific ages of household residents.
Due to WCFB’s participation in Hunger In America 2014- the national hunger study, inquiries to becoming a WCFB partner agency have been put on hold until September 2013.